Quality Manager - Otis Spunkmeyer, Inc. – Export, PA
To ensure that job duties that affect the safety, legality and quality standards are addressed.
Establishes and implements quality strategy, improving quality standards, goals and objectives. Develops, implements and monitors quality control programs to ensure production procedures are in compliance with best practices food safety and quality standards. Supports operations to embed systemic corrective and preventative actions regarding internal and third party audit deficiencies. Manages budget for the function of Quality and Food Safety for the plant.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
Provides supervision to exempt employees and/or non-exempt employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This section describes the core responsibilities of this position. Duties may vary dependent on department staffing and seasonal fluctuations
· Manufacturing management
· Research & Development
· Marketing & New Product Development
· Service Contractors
· Supply Contractors
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
· Bachelor of Science Degree, or Food Technology degree and experience
· 5-7 years progressively more responsible Food production industry experience including leadership experience
· Training in HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) industry program
· Understanding of microbiology
· Good writing, mathematics, analytical and critical thinking skills
· Computer literate in spreadsheet, word and database applications
· Excellent leadership, communications and team building skills
· ServSafe food employee certification (Pennsylvania requirement)
· Degree in Microbiology or Food Technology preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
· Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 25% of total work time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed outside weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold.
· The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud.
To apply, visit our career website
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com