Food Technologist - California-Los
Support is seeking a Food Technologist for our client who is a
multinational food products company that services retail, specialty and
formulas, organoleptically evaluates vendor
products, conducts shelf life studies, prepares samples for client
companies and documents all phases of projects.
- Conducts product cuttings and
cook off evaluations
- Prepares customer and lab
samples and retains samples for further evaluation or reference
- Reads and accurately
interprets specifications (vendor and in house)
- Calibrates and operates all test
- Performs all organoleptic
evaluations according to standardized procedures
- Reports all deviations from
specifications to supervisor.
- Maintains all Product
- Coordinates incoming and
outgoing vendor samples.
- Develops new formulas,
reformulates existing products as assigned
- Assists with investigation
and resolution of product deviations
- Adheres to company policies,
procedures, GMPs, Code of Safe Practices
- Performs special projects as
assigned by supervisor
- Contacts suppliers to obtain
products and specifications,
- Prepares and sets up test
kitchen for presentations
- Maintains organization of
retained samples room.
- Conducts shelf life testing
- BS in Food Science or related
- Must be able to communicate
effectively with supervisor
- Must work in industrial and
kitchen lab environments and handle non toxic
- Must have the ability to work
with kitchen and lab equipment
- Must be able to complete
- Must be able to taste all
food products without prejudice
- Must be able to lift up to 25
- Must be able to use a
scientific calculator, computer and be familiar with programs of Word
Food & Beverage
Are you looking for
a company with science in its DNA?
Lab Support, a division
of On Assignment, is a recognized leader in the scientific staffing industry.
Since 1985, our sole focus has been to place scientific professionals at
all career levels in contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire positions.
With a reputation for one-to-one career counseling and a track record that
includes the placement of over 200,000 scientists, Lab Support has built a
reputation as one of the best in the business.
Lab Support is supported
by a nationwide network of branches serving all major markets,
international branches in Europe, relationships with leading scientific companies
and over 25 years of experience.
For more information
visit us online at labsupport.com.
An Equal Opportunity