Quality Assurance Senior Manager - Columbia, MD
Date: Dec 6, 2013
Location: Columbia, MD, USA
Strong candidate of interest identified.
· Drive and influence both regional and system Quality & Food Safety Initiatives through direct support with plants. Provide influence and leadership to network initiatives.
· Protect Pepsi-Cola Trademark and ensure product quality and safety.
· Monitor, report and improve quality & food safety performance in plants that are supported:
· Trade Quality
· % Product
· % Trade Age
· % Package
· Consumer Quality
· Package Quality
· Plant Quality
· Must Have Compliance
· Achieve and maintain Food Safety Management System Certification
· No recalls
· Lead and develop programs and tools to monitor and drive continuous improvement.
· As a Subject Matter Expert, coach and train plant personnel to develop leadership, technical competence and effectively utilize system tools.
· Establish and maintain communication with support plants and HQ Quality.
· Support the development of the Quality & Food Safety strategy for Pepsi bottlers. Provide subject matter expertise in key areas to influence change.
· Align MUs, plant departments on Quality & Food Safety Initiatives when applicable.
· Assess field capability, make recommendations and develop action plans to develop weaknesses and leverage strengths.
· Perform audits to ensure requirements are met.
· Interface with NAB to support respective region.
· Monitor category compliance.
· Ensure standard lab is implemented.
· Work with colleagues to assess, develop and execute strategy for beverage sector standardization
· Lead and support the NAB system based on subject matter expertise (SME)
Technical Skills Required:
· Computer literate in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Strong Analytical Capability.
· Understands statistics and can coach statistical principles.
· Microbiology and sanitation background.
· Ability to lead and influence others.
· Understands GMP requirements.
· Deep technical knowledge of the beverage industry process.
· Towering strength and ability to use numbers and metrics, not opinions, to drive fact based changes.
Leadership Skills Required:
· Effective communication and writing skills.
· Manage annual Travel & Expense budget.
· Strong Influence Skills.
· Leadership skills and ability to work well with other strong personalities.
· Manage diverse employees.
· Facilitate inclusion.
· Highly motivated and self - directed.
· Political savvy to drive change at all levels of the organization.
· Bachelor of Science in Food Science or Chemical. Engineering or related field.
· 10-15 years of food or beverage experience.
· 5-8 years of experience in quality related functions.
Technical Skills and Certifications as Strong Assets:
· Certified Quality Engineer.
· Certified as Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
· Certified Quality Auditor or Quality Manager.
Must be willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employment M/F/D/V
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com