Food Scientist-WIC02681 - KS-Wichita
Cargill is a unique place to thrive. Everyone has a role to play, everyone matters! Cargill aspires to have a diverse employee population at all levels of the organization, reflecting the markets where we live and work. We create an inclusive environment where all employees can contribute to reach their full potential and where diversity is leveraged as a competitive advantage. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 67 countries. Discover how we provide an engaging environment that meets the needs and desired experiences of all employees at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Value Added Meats Retail facilities utilize state-of-the-art beef, pork and turkey processing capabilities to deliver high-quality meat products to our partners. Advanced technologies and imaginative people create innovative solutions and distinctive value for our customers. Our retail customers come to us from traditional grocers, supermarkets and warehouse clubs to provide their meat and deli needs. We provide innovative solutions for their fresh meat case, frozen meat departments, deli counters, and more.
Cargill Value Added Meats Retail has an exciting opportunity available for a Food Scientist, located in Wichita, KS. This position will plan and execute research to support CVAM-Retail business strategy with focus on new application, product and process improvement. This position will provide technical leadership in the introduction of new technologies, working closely with support functions to ensure flawless execution. A proactive approach in promoting collaboration across Cargill and protection of existing or new intellectual property is expected of this role.
• 40% - Research and develop application of new technologies into new and existing products and processes.
• 25%- Provide technical leadership to operations and commercial functions during the new technology's feasibility and implementation phases.
• 10% - Research to exceed customer expectations in areas of food safety, consumer insights, product performance and quality management.
• 10% - Deliver high performance innovation supporting core and new products.
• 10% - Identify collaboration opportunities across Cargill businesses.
• 05% - Build, maintain and defend IP portfolio.
• A masters of science degree or equivalent in food/meat science is necessary.
• Clear understanding of meat science and functionality of muscle proteins.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in research and applications.
• Ability to effectively communicate to a wide range of subject matter expertise.
• Highly motivated individual with a strong background in scientific procedure and project management skills are required.
• Data analysis, experimental design, and technical writing are also required.
• Ability to travel 40-50%.
• Post graduate education.
• Processed meat experience preferred.
• Understanding of ingredient functionality and their interaction in a meat system.
• Understanding of Unit Operations and thermal processing.
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com