Directly oversees sanitation programs the Hilmar, CA and Dalhart, TX site.
Assists in the design of new sanitation programs, screening and trials of
new sanitation chemicals or programs and monitors sanitation programs to
ensure that Hilmar Cheese Food Safety Standards are met.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the development and implementation of the Hilmar
Sanitation Plan including corrective actions from customer, regulatory,
third party and internal audits
• Engages plant quality and operational staff to ensure successful adoption
of the Hilmar Sanitation Plan.
• Maintains the written Corporate Sanitation Policy Manual by updating
policies and procedures and disseminating as applicable.
• Works closely with R&D, Engineering and Maintenance Staff to assist
with equipment design and installation, fault finding, Sanitation and Food
Safety Permit inspections and Project reviews.
• Provides research, guidance and technical support to internal and
external customers in areas related to plant sanitation
• Responsible for coordinating and maintaining the Sanitation portion of
the Corporate Production budget
• Works closely with the Production, Quality Systems and Quality Assurance
Teams to coordinate an ongoing readiness to exceed customer expectations on
quality audits and customer visits
• Provides technical assistance to quality assurance personnel and
sanitation supervisors to solve cleaning and microbiological issues, assist
in the continuous improvement of Sanitation crew effectiveness and
performance. Includes collaborative initiatives to develop and maintain
training and resource material relating to sanitation of the plant.
• Develop and maintain contacts within the food industry in order to
maintain the latest and most current information on food sanitation issues
and industry direction that affect the operations of the Company.
• Responsible for the compliance to the relevant sections of the FSSC 22000
• Participates in the Food Safety Emergency response program
• Annual completion of OSHA Regulatory training and Company safety training
Technical Knowledge Requirements:
• Strategic knowledge of production operations management for quality,
yield and cost
• Advanced knowledge of plant technical activities through technical study
• Advanced knowledge of sanitation technology and processes
• New equipment implementation through vendor facilitation and training
• Advanced industry related courses and vendor trade shows
• Completion of HCC internal technical training programs
• Software program proficiency in: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Qualifications: Education & Work Experience
• Bachelors and/or Advanced Degree in a related science field or 6-8 years
of related/advanced work.
• Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disability to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions