Food Safety Specialist – Visalia, CA
At C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. our roots run deep. In 1905, Charles Henry
Robinson started a small produce brokerage that developed the traditions and
standards of service that shaped the Fortune 500 Company we are today. As a
global provider of multimodal transportation and produce services, we are
headquartered in Eden Prairie, MN and operate through a network of more than
7,000 employees in more than 235 offices in the United States, Canada,
Mexico, Europe, Asia, South America, Australia, and the Middle East. We are
the largest third party logistics (3PL) company in North America, and our
services extend to more than 35,000 customers globally, ranging from other
Fortune 500 companies to small businesses in a variety of industries.
Our people are our greatest asset and create a unique corporate culture that
has built strong relationships with customers around the world. They execute
our tradition of service on a daily basis and take pride in sustaining our
dynamic leadership in the transportation logistics industry. You'll feel the
energy the moment you step into one of our branches. That energy is what
inspires us to find motivated individuals to join us in our quest to find
solutions, develop innovative technology, and provide exceptional service to
The Food Safety Specialist will ensure that all established C.H. Robinson
Corporate Food Safety protocols, practices, standard operating procedures
(SOPs) and training requirements are administered and properly documented in
all of the CH Robinson facilities.
- Lead potential recalls and product withdrawals in concert with the Corporate
Commodity Management Team as they relate to product shipped from CHR
- Lead customer conversations (& visits) relative to food safety policies
- Monitor all personnel and business activities for total compliance with CHR
Food Safety & Food Defense policies.
- Independently determine, write and implement customer???s
specific food safety requirements.
- Ensure compliance with critical Food Safety compatibility policies:
- High-Risk Food Item Handling & Control (RTE, RTC)
- Allergen Control
- Management of all sanitation activities on the Master Sanitation Schedule:
- Review sanitation documentation daily for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure that appropriate materials and tools are available to perform all
- Conduct Production staff new hire orientation training for all CHR Food
- Provide ongoing Food Safety training on a quarterly (at minimum) basis.
- Develop and maintain SSOPs for all Production, material handling and
facility support equipment, as well as physical facility equipment, exterior
- Train Sanitation Crew members on all Sanitation Standard Operating
- Schedule and oversee any third-party audits of the CHR facilities.
- Maintain and monitor facility equipment Planned Maintenance program:
- Ensure that all materials/supplies used in maintenance functions are food
- Conduct regularly scheduled Food Safety Program activities:
- Mock Recalls
- Chemical Inventory and Usage Tracking
- Potable water testing
- Microbial swabbing/testing of food contact surfaces
- Oversee product Shelf Life Sampling/Monitoring on all items packed
- Monitor Operations documentation and inventory transaction accuracy for
Country of Origin Legislation (COOL) compliance.
- Review all food safety documentation for compliance, completeness and
- Maintain control of all facility related food safety manuals, logs,
- 2-4 years of experience in the produce or a food related industry
- Ability to travel between facilities 25% of time or more based on business
- Strong ability to engage in dialogue with customer???s
food safety professionals ??? via telephone, in person and in writing
- Effective communication with multiple teams, emphasizing urgency in
resolving issues or concerns
- Demonstrate strong and sound decision making capabilities
- Ability to determine which newly discovered industry practices could/should
be implemented within the facilities
- Degree in Food Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of produce varieties, grades, conditions and defects
- Prior experience with food safety inspection testing procedures and
- Position based in Visalia, CA.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance,
prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance,
life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock
Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a growing Fortune 500
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer