Product Development Specialist - Food Safety Lab – Maplewood, MN
Do you have a PhD in Food Science with an emphasis in microbiology and experience in the Food Safety industry?
The position of Product Development Specialist located in Maplewood, Minnesota will be working in the Food Safety Lab and be responsible for but not limited to the following specific duties:
· Identification of new technologies
· Rapid commercialization of new products to support Food Safety Department growth objectives.
· Close collaboration with cross-functional peers as well as with corporate lab personnel.
· The application of New Product Introduction and New Product Development methodologies
· Interaction with customers to complete needs analysis, develop solutions and validate customer requirements
· Minimum of 3 years of microbiology lab experience
· PhD in Food Science, Microbiology or Molecular Biology.
· Experience with New Product Introduction and New Product Development methodologies
· Hands on experimentalist experienced in aseptic technique.
· Experienced in leading a cross functional team in the commercialization of applied research throughout the life cycle of a project
· Creative individual with proven ability to solve problems and overcome technical hurdles.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Track record of new product introductions and/or technology development.
· Strong statistical analysis skills.
Relocation: Relocation is authorized for this requisition
For more than 100 years 3M employees have worked to make people's lives easier and better. Our 79,000 global employees use their ingenuity to invent, manufacture and sell our products in more than 200 countries. These products spring from more than 45 technology platforms that have made us a global leader in major markets and that help us meet real customer needs. In a global, multi-faceted company like 3M, you can explore diverse career opportunities and develop new skills all within one company.
About 3M Food Safety Department (Microbiology)
The 3M Food Safety Department designs, manufactures and markets a full line of testing an monitoring products globally that assist food processors in providing healthy, wholesome and safe food by managing their quality and safety risk. The 3M Food Safety Department is an exciting growth business, with an excellent brand and quality reputation. In 2006, Food Safety acquired Biotrace International to expand its market presence in this industry.
For more information, please visit http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Microbiology/FoodSafety/
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com