Manager - Food Safety – Ann Arbor,
International - Ann Arbor, MI 48103
We are seeking a project
manager to provide timely, quality registration services to
customers in the Smart Choices Program area and assist in program business
development and administration.
1. Manage registration projects for assigned customers for registration
of new products and maintain registration of existing products; promptly
process all records, documentation, and invoicing of services; and promptly
follow-up on customer correspondence.
2. Facilitate registration projects by interfacing with other departments
(accounting, shipping, IT, etc.) to help ensure timely evaluation of the
3. Occasional travel domestically/internationally for customer visits,
evaluations and trade shows.
4. Conduct product evaluations, review accompanying documentation;
prepare reports documenting the results of the evaluations and reviews.
5. Determine appropriate documentation and reviews required for
6. Compile necessary documentation to support registration.
7. Provide ongoing follow-up and status reports to customers as the
primary point of contact for all NSF related services and activities.
Ensure that the client's schedule and deadlines are communicated to the
service departments and that the deadlines are met.
8. Resolve issues of non-compliance as appropriate.
9. Listen to clients to determine other NSF services which might be
applicable to the client. Ensure the client is educated on other NSF
services. Promote risk management solutions to all clients.
10. Perform other duties as required.
1. Bachelor's degree; or two (2) years of documented successful NSF
International experience and pursuing a Bachelor's degree.
2. A minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience including
experience in providing excellent customer service.
3. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
4. Willingness and ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
5. Ability and willingness to learn required nutritional information;
possess a 'scientific bent'.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Ability to work well with others, engaging personality.
8. Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with
9. Excellent attention to detail.
10. Strong time and project management skills.
1. Bachelor's degree in a scientific area of study with laboratory
2. A minimum of two (2) years experience in project management,
preferably in a technical field.
3. Laboratory coursework or work experience.
4. Basic knowledge of math science and nutrition (chemistry,
engineering, environmental health or related fields).
5. An understanding of food nutritional disciplines.
6. Related food industry knowledge.
1. Ability to travel by car and plane up to 10% of the time.
2. Required to sit for long periods of time.
3. Ability to move, with assistance, up to 80 lbs. from one area to
No phone calls,
faxes or postal mail please
NSF and its
subsidiaries are EO/AA employers - we welcome and encourage diversity in our
NSF is a
registered user of the E-Verify employment eligibility verification system