As QA Supervisor on 2nd shift you will have responsibility for sample incoming meat and finished product for chemistry and bacteriology, test product for specification, record results for formulations, weight, piece count, freeze quality, labeling and palletizing, and evaluate shrinkage, aroma, flavor, and cooking time.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Complete pre-operation reporting.
· Monitor plant operations to ensure that they are in compliance with GMPs.
· Administer the product recall program and disposition of returned product.
· Schedule, train, and develop department personnel.
· Responsible for maintaining department equipment and ordering when necessary.
· Complete and submit a variety of reports including, but not limited to, swab tests, finished product tests, HACCP and fat optimization.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Microbiology or related science, or equivalent amount of relevant experience and education. Food industry experience strongly preferred.
· 2-5 years of related manufacturing industry experience is preferred.
· Knowledge of HACCP principles and procedures
· Planning, organizing, coordinating and leadership skills.
· Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
· Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization.
· Strong problem solving, and decision making skills.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
· Ability to work in conditions, which include multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities, extended work schedules, and specific time constraints.
· Additionally, candidate must interact well with other employees, work overtime as needed, be able to work in food manufacturing facility and adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Must be able to work 2nd shift hours M-F 2pm-10:30 pm, and weekends as necessary.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com