Senior Manager, FSQA – US Foods - Rosemont, IL
US Foods with nearly $20 billion in annual revenue, US Foods is the 10th largest private company in America, and a leading foodservice distributor. Many of the entities that make up US Foods were founded in the 19th century, including one that sold provisions to travelers heading west during the 1850s gold rush. The company had used the name U.S. Foodservice since 1993. US Foods offers more than 350,000 national brand products and its own high-quality “exclusive brand” items, ranging from fresh meats and produce to prepared and frozen foods. The company proudly employs approximately 25,000 people in more than 60 locations nationwide, and provides the finest quality food and related products to more than 250,000 customers, including independent and multi-unit restaurants, healthcare and hospitality entities, government and educational institutions. The company is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and jointly owned by funds managed by Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Inc. and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. Discover more at www.usfoods.com.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager, FSQA for our Rosemont, IL location.
The Sr. Manager, FSQA will leads the risk management function for food safety, quality assurance and regulatory compliance for a US Foods Stock Yards business unit, including the management of all FSQA staff assigned to Stock Yards. Acts as the subject matter expert on FSQA and will lead the proactive and periodic review of the FSQA systems utilized by Stock Yards. This includes the updating of the all the US Foods Supplier Expectations and Manufacturer Branded (MB) suppliers and products FSQA expectations for USF as well as the development of new and innovative processes and modalities to ensuring product conformity to FSQA expectations and standards.
· FSQA lead to drive new EB product development for Stockyards products portfolio including the development and definition of product specifications, FSQA product review process, ensuring product conformity to defined specifications, internal and supplier approval process and the overall product life cycle. These activities will have particular focus on driving innovation and exclusive brand growth.
· Drive FSQA compliance across the organization through the development and implementation of dynamic, FSQA initiatives aimed at process improvement and policy development.
· Lead the effort to manage and maintain updated risk and classification of suppliers.
· Act as main FSQA point of contact in supplier, divisional and customer relations through key activities, such as; leading FSQA investigations, addressing product complaints directly with the supplier, driving corrective action efforts in instances of non-conformance with FSQA requirements, and managing US Foods response to third party audits.
· As an FSQA subject matter expert - partners with internal cross-functional teams (category management, R&D, sales, etc.) to achieve overall FSQA initiatives, as well as organizational financial goals.
· Develops and implements effective strategies to ensure product quality standards in response to brand strategies changes.
· Plays a critical role in defining and implementing key FSQA initiatives across Stock Yards.
· Provide expert consultation and advice on matters of Food Safety and Quality Assurance to cross-functional business partners.
Education/Training: Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences, Food Science or other science-based curriculum; Master's degree in Food Science strongly preferred.
Related Experience: Minimum of 10 years in FSQA, food Science or related field. Must have at least 3 years experience managing direct reports.
Expert knowledge of microbiology, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), food allergens, product specifications management, quality systems, food safety systems, and HACCP. HACCP certification is required. Proficient in written and verbal communication, with sound presentation skills, as well as the ability to effectively interact with internal/external stakeholders. Good interpersonal skills, project management skills, and analytical skills. Demonstrates sound judgment, professionalism, and leadership skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Must display a firm alignment and commitment to the USF foundational values, operating principles and focus Ability to lift 30 pounds, sit and stand for long periods of time. Must possess valid driver's license and be willing to travel up to 50% of the time overnight
Please apply: http://www.usfoods.com/careers/default.htm
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org