We make it our mission at Sara Lee to "Simply delight
you...every day." Our brands make up one of the world`s best-loved
portfolios of innovative food, beverage, household, and body care products.
Our leading, trusted brands include Ambi Pur, Ball Park, Douwe Egberts,
Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean, Kiwi, Sanex, Sara Lee, and Senseo.
Collectively, these brands generate more than $13 billion in annual net
sales as they delight millions of consumers every day in approximately 200
countries around the world. The global Sara Lee team consists of 44,000
This position will lead Food Safety and Quality programs at the Lacrosse WI
bakery facility. This includes leading implementation and on-going program
management/oversight of Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Certification, compliance
to Sara Lee corporate Quality Assurance / Food Safety requirements and
other related initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Lead integration of the current quality assurance and food safety
processes into one integrated process. This includes HACCP system,
regulatory audits, quality systems review process (QSR), standard operating
procedures (SOP`s), incoming ingredient inspections, product scoring, food
safety audits, field complaints, standardized work instructions.
* Develop and execute SQF Plans to achieve/maintain SQF Level 3
Certification at the facility and to meet all Sara Lee Corporation
requirements related to quality and food safety programs.
* Oversee plant compliance, interactions and relationship with SQF
* Assure Facility meets all requirements related to SQF Trademark use.
* Develop and maintain systems to assure facility meets all SQF 2000 System
requirements including Commitment, Document Control and Records,
Specifications, Attaining Food Safety, Verification, Product Identification
Trace and Recall, Incident Management, Food Safety Fundamentals - Building
and Equipment Design and Construction, and Food Safety Fundamentals -
* Manage finished product evaluation system and provide leadership to drive
improvements in key customer/consumer Quality attributes.
* Train personnel and maintain all training records on critical food safety
and quality requirements. Document and maintain training registry for all
employees at the facility.
* Maintain all registries as required by SQF.
* Oversee monitoring, verification, and validation activities to ensure
that all products leaving the facility meet the facility Food Safety and
* Provide guidance and leadership in situations where deviations have
occurred or a potential risk has been identified related to food safety
and/or quality attributes.
* Reassess SQF plan(s) when ever there is a change to program, process,
procedure, ingredient, equipment, industry philosophy, technology, etc.
* Bachelor`s degree in Food Safety, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science,
or related field.
* 4+ years of food processing experience, with at least 2 years in a
manufacturing environment under USDA and/or FDA and HACCP.
* 2+ years facilitating food safety/quality related training events.
* Demonstrate leadership in the areas of food safety and plant regulatory
* HACCP Certification from a nationally / internationally recognized and
accredited HACCP training firm
* Possess a thorough understanding of FDA and/or USDA inspected
* Comprehensive experience with FDA and/or USDA Rules and Regulations
* Must have strong organizational and leadership skills
* Ability to analyze processes for Biological, Chemical, and Physical
hazards with a thorough understanding of the science and support behind
each type of hazard and each step of a production process
* Able to work with cross functional departments within the organization
* Good problem solving skills and corrective action/resolution skills
* Strong computer skills with experience using Word, Excel, Access, Power
Point. SAP experience is a plus.
At Sara Lee, we believe that careers are as unique as individuals. That`s
why we offer employment opportunities that give you ownership of your
career. With the resources of a global corporation and direct
responsibility to make it happen, you can be confident that you`ll always
be able to perform your best and be recognized for it. At Sara Lee, the
difference is you.
The Sara Lee compensation program is designed to provide you with
comprehensive, flexible benefits that enable you to select those features
that best fit your needs. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, short and long term
disability, retirement plans, and tuition reimbursement.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer