Food Safety & Public Health
Internship Spring 2011 – Orlando,
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 275422
& Public Health Internship - Spring 2011
support to the Manager of Food Safety & Public Health and the Food Safety
& Public Health Team with the completion of a variety of responsibilities
including, but not limited to:
• Conducting audits of simple Food & Beverage Operations.
• Assisting in the development of Corrective Action Plans for Food &
Beverage locations after internal and external audits.
• Conducting strategic interventions for Food & Beverage locations after
• Conducting research on special projects as directed by the Manager of Food
Safety & Public Health.
• Developing training materials for Food & Beverage Partners.
• Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Food Safety & Public Health.
• Currently pursuing a degree in Food Safety, Environmental Health,
or Public Health
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail
• Ability to understand and interpret laws and regulations
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
• Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
• Food Safety and/or Environmental or Public Health related major
• Experience with providing quality Customer Service
Since its opening in 1971, the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando,
FL has grown to feature four theme parks – the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®,
Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. In
addition, more than 20 themed resort hotels, two water parks, and the
Downtown Disney® Area, a daytime and nighttime entertainment complex, are
part of the Walt Disney World Resort.
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the
semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship
program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney
• Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must provide own transportation to/from work
• Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship
transfer guidelines (no more than four points and/or one reprimand in the
last six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are 01/11/11 – 06/17/11.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a
first-come, first-serve basis.
How to Apply
• Click the “Apply for this job” link at the bottom of this posting.
• Create a profile, or log into an existing profile, ensuring that your email
address and contact information is up to date.
• Complete the online application and questionnaire (if prompted).
• To expedite consideration, we highly recommend that you BOTH upload your
resume AND copy and paste the text when creating your candidate profile.
• The deadline to apply for this internship is December 26, 2010
P5I P12I P18I