Job Number: nest-00024079
Assists/conducts project test work under the direction of a Food
Technologist, Corporate Chef, Commercialization Leader, or PD Manager in the
development and scale up of new and existing food services products. Works
competently with test kitchen equipment. Will provide support needed to
quickly turn around product samples to customers within a few days of
receiving the initial request. Will support both branded and custom product
development work as needed.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Plan, execute and evaluate project testwork at benchtop level , mini-line/pilot plant and factory
levels; maintain accurate and appropriate documentation to support
development and production of assigned products.
* Prepare bench top and scale up samples for taste panels, reconstitution,
shelf life and analytical testing; prepare and arrange for shipment of
samples as required.
* Participate in departmental activities such as panels, meetings,
committees, administrative obligations (phones,
* Support plant trial activities by traveling to factory locations as needed.
* Maintain technical/culinary skills and personal improvement through
* Require some degree of working in extreme temperatures and typical
commercial/industrial environments. Physically demanding work. Will work in a
manufacturing environment as needed to accomplish goals.
* Continually demonstrate proficient communications and ability to work in a
team environment under short timelines.
* Must maintain accurate, thorough records of test work.
* Order ingredients, stock supplies, inventory samples and assemble customer
* Work schedule may vary depending on business needs.
* Other projects and duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Advanced training/education a plus in food science or equivalent preferred.
Must be comfortable working in food manufacturing and culinary environments.
Must be willing to travel occasionally.
Must be able to vary work as needed to accomplish business needs.
Minimum of 4 to 5 years of food-industry experience.
* Must have strong creative, problem solving and organizational skills, as
well as developed communications skills.
* Experience with a variety of food ingredients, packaging and processing
systems is desirable.
* Individual must be able to work independently while able to support the
overall objectives of a team.
* Candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
and be comfortable working with people of varying disciplines and levels:
upper management, sales, marketing, R&D, manufacturing, and plant
personnel at both Nestle facilities and co-manufacturers.
* Cooking skills and computer proficiency in electronic communication.
* Proficient in time management.
* Good math and problem solving skills.
* Able to work in a team environment.