The comprehensive food
safety information website
Career Opportunities: Food Scientist - Margin Enhancement, Frozen R&D (Parsippany, NJ) (9201)
Req Id 9201 - Posted 12/23/2013
In more than 85% of America households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company as ranked by Fortune Magazine. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs an average of 4,400 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 10 of the 12 major categories in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® and Vlasic® Farmer's Garden® shelf-stable pickles, Wish-Bone® and Western® salad dressings, Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups, Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Duncan Hines®, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fruit fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Freshlike® frozen vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged frozen meals, Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® frozen prepared seafood, Hungry-Man® frozen dinners and entrées, Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts, Lender's® frozen and refrigerated bagels, and Celeste® frozen pizza. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® kettle style potato chips, Erin's® popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® snacks in addition to our food service and private label businesses.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Execute tests using recognized procedures.
· Learn and utilize the on-line specification system.
· Maintain accurate and complete records.
· Develop product development skills.
· Demonstrates a working knowledge of plant processes and facilities.
· Interprets results and develops an understanding of how to translate to possible solutions
· Begins developing relationships and an understanding of other functional departments
· Requires frequent travel (25-40%), commercial flights and driving a company or rental automobile four to eight hours as needed
· Demonstrated technical competence
· Demonstrated motivated self-confidence and creative problem solving skills
· Ability to communicate technical information
· Exposure to manufacturing processes and equipment for periodic extended workdays and weekends
· Numerous extended workdays, including weekends, at headquarters
· Ability to operate equipment after receiving training and physically lift up to 60 pounds on a limited basis.
· A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in food science or similar discipline.
· Minimum of three to five years of food product development experience is preferred.
· Experience in hydrocolloids chemistry, meat, cereal science or seafood preferred.
· Project management skills preferred.
· Understanding of the sciences, specifically a knowledge of food ingredients and recipes
· Ability to interact with others in manufacturing, lab, and office environment
· Good time management skills
· Computer skills that include Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Pinnacle Foods Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org