Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest
food and drug retailers with 1,300+ stores. The Safeway family of brands
includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a
growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity,
spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working
environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee
is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful
relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible
through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to
better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and
The Supply Operations Denver Milk Plant located in Denver, CO has an
opening for a QA Supervisor II.
• 4-year college degree in food science or related field.
• Experience working in a food, dairy, or beverage manufacturing
• Demonstrated ability to organize, supervise and direct a diverse work
• Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative, sense
of urgency and flexibility.
• Versed in scientific method, continuous improvement methodologies,
statistical process control, Kaizen, and other methodologies designed to
reduce process variation.
• Knowledgeable in HACCP, GMP's, MSDS CFR, and other state and federal
regulatory requirements such as the PMO.
• Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
• Knowledge of food and /or beverage process flow and process control
information as it relates to business unit.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently without daily
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide daily leadership to the Quality Assurance Department.
• Provide clear communication, both written and verbal, to all other plant
departments and Corporate Management.
• Professionally act as the local plant technical representative to
• Understand, analyze, and investigate customer complaints and provide
guidance on possible improvements.
• Assist in the development, writing, updating, training, and
implementation of process control, quality, and food safety policies &
• Ensure that established process control procedures and all plant and
corporate issued Quality Assurance Policies are followed throughout the
• Develop, implement, and maintain HACCP plans through daily compliance
verification of HACCP documents and quality systems programs.
• Conduct regular plant food safety and security audits, develop action
plans and enforce complete follow through on resulting tasks.
• Provide training to production workers on SPC and process control, product
evaluation, HACCP, Allergens, GMP's, security, and other quality related
SOP's and procedures.
• Maintain daily product evaluation programs and records to include;
product quality scoring, key quality indicators, shelf life and
environmental, raw material, and finished product microbiological testing.
• Collect and analyze data including drawing conclusions and offering
• Actively participate in continuous improvement processes (root cause
analysis, SPC, problem solving, Kaizen).
• Provide support to Safeway Corporate Product Development Managers in
conducting plant trials for new products, ingredients, and/or processes.
• Conduct analytical analyses on ingredients and finished product,
including but not limited to Brix, pH, Fat, Total Solids, Titratable Acidity, Viscosity and Organoleptic analysis
based on business unit product mix.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER