Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Supervisor-DOD00351
Dodge City, KS
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 140,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Beef believes being an industry leader is about more than delivering the highest-quality products and service. It’s about delivering on our promises. Throughout our history, our commitment to building a better future has been at the heart of everything we do. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
This position is responsible for leading the QA/QC Laboratory (both shifts) hourly team members to ensure that all product is wholesome and meets all product specifications while ensuring the safest working environment possible. This position works closely with all levels of management and the USDA, ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory requirements. The person in this position is responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team-oriented workforce in order to improve business results.
A high performer in this position will identify problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolve issues; ensure production resources (including matierals, equipment, and human resources) are available as needed to maintain product schedules; support continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost, and customer service.
Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Systems Management (60%)
· Verification and/or maintenance of HACCP, SSOP, and prerequisite programs, raw materials, manufacturing processes, plant environment, and finished product. Collaborate with operations on the initiation of corrective action and preventative measures when necessary. Ensure adherence to corporate, regulatory, and location food safety and quality requirements. Customer food safety and quality requirements. Participation and preparation for plant tours and audits.
Engaged Employees (30%)
· Create an environment where all are expected to be active members of the team – involved in the business. Recognize and celebrate successes. Challenge people to be better than they thought possible. Create opportunities for growth and development. Ensure an inclusive environment that is representative of the local market.
Other Projects (10%)
· Assisting the location in various projects relating to safety, food safety, regulatory, environment, process improvement, engagement, training, etc.
· 4 year degree in food science or related degree/program
· Minimum 2 years food manufacturing work experience
· Occasional travel - 10%
· Bilingual skills
· Minimum 1 year supervisory experience
· Food safety, quality, and regulatory knowledge and work experience
At Cargill, we believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best every day. We want to understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed. As part of the application process, you may be asked to complete an online assessment. The assessment will help us determine whether our jobs will allow you to use your unique talents to their full potential.
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org