Application Technologist, Sweet & Dairy - Union Beach, NJ
Independently develop application prototypes and test R&D ingredients and technologies in sweet and dairy applications. Provide development leadership to building differentiating sweet/dairy flavor portfolios and modulations working closely with sensory group for validation of new ingredients and technologies.
· Ability to work independently and with sweet/diary applications teams at C&A to successfully complete evaluating and validating R&D ingredients and technologies.
· Understand and conduct entire formulation process including: accurate formulation of sweet/dairy applications prototypes, new ingredient and flavors specifications and handling, and computer entry of formulations and evaluation results.
· Work closely with other functions: flavorists, cross-category application technologies sharing ideas, sensory, R&D chemists, and Global Technical Directors.
· Knowledge of sweet/dairy processes and processing equipment.
· Support customer demonstrations of new technology.
· Anticipate, investigate and resolve problems with application prototypes, applying new ingredients and technologies, flavor systems and finished prototypes.
· Participate in tasting and product evaluations.
· Interface with production and other IFF departments as necessary for completion of job tasks.
· Develop application skills to address changing food product trends and processing techniques.
· Maintain laboratory conditions, manage and transfer raw materials and flavor stocks.
· Observe laboratory and plant safety rules and GMP’s.
· 5 years of experience in flavor industry in active sweet and dairy product development.
· B.S. in Food Science or related biological or chemistry degree.
· Fluent in English (additional languages desirable).
· Basic to intermediate computer skills.
· Well organized self starter with desire to develop new skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
Union Beach, New Jersey, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org