Products Safety Director – Richardson, TX
This position is responsible for leading and
directing the Bob Evans Farms plants and distribution center safety
programs to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, including
OSHA. Develops and administers safety training classes for plants and the
distribution center. Administers the company drug testing program for all
food products employees. Develops and administers a safety incentive
program for food products employees on a quarterly and annual basis.
1. Administers and oversees all safety programs
as well as emergency preparedness programs for the food products division.
this would include compliance, awareness, and employee training of all the
b) Emergency Response
c) PSM and RMP Ammonia programs
d) Lock out – Tag out of power equipment
e) Hazard Communication – Material Safety Data
f) Blood Borne Pathogen Program
g) Personal Protective Equipment
2. Responsibilities include interviewing,
hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
3. Actively participates as a permanent member
of all plant safety committees.
4. Plans, implements, and trains on all safety
policies and procedures established for food products employees.
5. Maintains all safety/accident/OSHA records
for all plants and the distribution center.
6. Coordinates the Food Products drug testing
program, including acting as the liaison with the company’s Medical Review
7. Manages safety incentive program.
8. Ensures a safe and healthy working
environment by eliminating hazards, training employees, and promoting
9. Works directly with the Company’s worker’s
compensation carrier, the Human Resources Department and the Risk
Management Department to resolve and/or minimize the Company’s liability
with regard to worker’s compensation.
10. Works directly with plant managers, the
Human Resources Department and the Risk Management Department to administer
a light/modified duty program for employees returning to work.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned by
• Excellent communication and interpersonal
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Proficient in MS Office
• Knowledge of federal, state and local safety
laws to ensure the organization complies with all current safety
• Wide degree of creativity and latitude
• Bachelor's degree in business or related field
• 10 to 12 years of experience in safety,
preferably in food manufacturing
• Familiar with a variety of the field's
concepts, best practices, and procedures
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) highly
This position has approximately __50__%
To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move
up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.