Job information Center
The most comprehensive website for Food safety and quality job openings since 2003
Useful Sites in FoodHACCP.com
Food Safety Daily News/ Outbreak News/
Recall News/ USDA:FDA News/
New Methods News/
Weekly Newsletter/ Online Slides/
Conferences and Trainings/
FoodHACCP Main Page
Food Safety & Sanitation Practices Authority – Aurora, IL
Responsible for developing and administering programs, training and audits related to sanitation practices targeted at eliminating microbiological issues and processing lethality.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
· Analyzes micro performance for Listeria monitoring programs and pre-operational results on a weekly basis taking appropriate action when results fail to meet specified expectations.
· Designs and conducts Sanitation Policy Audits and Sanitary Design Audits and needed follow-up, identifying area for sanitation quality improvements based on audit results.
· Develops and implements company-wide sanitation programs, policies and practices related to microbiological issues or processing lethality based on audit results. Engages plant quality and operational staff to ensure successful program adoption or works with Corporate Engineering to resolve issues relating to processing equipment.
· Provides research, guidance and technical support to internal and external customers in the areas of microbiology, general food science, quality assurance practices (both general and proprietary) and food safety as relating to sanitation processes. Includes participation in the food safety emergency response program.
· Provides technical assistance to plant quality assurance personnel and sanitation to solve cleaning and microbiological issues, to assist in the continuous improvement of Sanitation crew effectiveness and performance, and verifying environmental sampling plans during structural or construction changes. Includes collaborative initiatives to develop and maintain training and resource material.
· Maintains the written Corporate Sanitation Policy Manual by updating policies and procedures and disseminating as applicable.
· Serves as sanitation quality liaison to a variety of external individuals including customer Sanitation experts during third party audits or other customer visits where plant sanitation is evaluated, sanitation vendors and third party sanitation service providers.
· Conduct reviews and analysis of customer complaints related to product quality for the Corporate Insurance department.
· Develop and maintain contacts within the meat industry in order to maintain the latest and most current information on the state of food safety, industry direction and food sanitation issues that affect the operations of the Company.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· BS in microbiology, food science, animal science or related field required.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Five to seven years in managing food safety/quality in a food processing environment; meat processing preferred.
· Thorough knowledge of HACCP, food safety and GMP principles.
· Ability to travel a minimum of 50%
· Ability to work approx. 30 days/year on 3rd shift required, and potentially more if needed.
OSI Corporate (CORP)
Aurora, IL, US.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com