Job information Center
The most comprehensive website for Food safety and quality job openings since 2003
Useful Sites in FoodHACCP.com
Food Safety Daily News/ Outbreak News/
Recall News/ USDA:FDA News/
New Methods News/
Weekly Newsletter/ Online Slides/
Conferences and Trainings/
FoodHACCP Main Page
Scientist, Food Safety and Defense – Epidemiology International
Epidemiology International (EI) is currently recruiting for a Scientist to work as part of a multidisciplinary team providing food safety and defense consultative and training services to both commercial and Federal clients.
· Location is negotiable and will be discussed upon candidate selection
· Some travel may be required
· Provide subject matter expertise on food safety and defense science and regulatory issues
· Participate in food outbreak investigation teams
· Monitor emerging food safety hazards and trends
· Analyze data on food safety issues (e.g. microbiological testing data, foodborne illness outbreak data) and develop reports and presentations for clients
· Provide guidance to industry clients on HACCP, food defense and microbiological testing plans
· Perform food safety audits
· Perform vulnerability assessments using the CARVER plus Shock Methodology
· Develop and carry out food safety and defense training sessions
· Highly motivated, independent worker with enthusiasm for food safety and defense
· Ability to work independently as well as to effectively communicate and collaborate in a team environment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong analytic skills
· Ability to adjust to changing priorities and excellent organizational and time management skills
· Outstanding attention to detail
· Flexible, resourceful, and willing to help wherever needed
· Proficiency in commonly used office computing software
A competitive candidate will have past work experience in either the food industry or a food regulatory agency. The candidate must be able to demonstrate significant responsibility and leadership through past work experience that has allowed him or her to develop extensive food safety and defense subject matter expertise and analytical thinking skills.
Candidates should have a masters or doctoral level degree in one of the following areas: food microbiology, toxicology, food science, veterinary science, or public health.
Interested candidates should e-mail current resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please include “Food Scientist” in the subject line of the e-mail.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com