Job information Center
The most comprehensive website for Food safety and quality job openings since 2003
Useful Sites in FoodHACCP.com
Food Safety Daily News/ Outbreak News/
Recall News/ USDA:FDA News/
New Methods News/
Weekly Newsletter/ Online Slides/
Conferences and Trainings/
FoodHACCP Main Page
Corporate Food Safety Analyst - Grand River Packaging - Grandville, MI-1200003831
Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with nearly 200 stores and almost 60,000 employees. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 13th largest privately held company in the country, as well as one of the top 30 most reputable companies in the United States by Forbes Magazine.
We have become a respected leader in the competitive retail market by sticking to our core values of customers, competition, family, freshness, and safety & health. Meijer's Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and stores, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, and Kentucky.
From store leadership to marketing to buyers to finance, the variety of careers available at Meijer is as interesting and diverse as the people who fill the positions. While your job responsibilities may differ, the purposes are all the same: To make Meijer the best retail organization in the nation.
Currently, Meijer is looking for a Corporate Food Safety Analyst. The individual selected for this position will be responsible to collect, track and provides key information and data analysis to ensure compliance to Food Safety standards, prepares actionable reports for Retail, Distribution, Merchandising and Manufacturing Leadership.
Key responsibilities include:
· Manages regulatory agency, internal audit and retail compliance data and inspections
· Manages, directs and approves retail action plans related to regulatory critical item compliance
· Works cross-functionally with business partners to establish and maintain metrics and scorecards for the Food Safety department
· Provides trend analysis and recommendations to cross-functional business partners to improve food safety compliance
· Works closely with the Recall Team to track all industry food recalls/withdrawals and ensure Meijer follow-through and compliance when these products have entered into our supply chain
· Design and develop systems for the entry of food safety data and information to prepare reports and presentations for use by department leadership and the Regional Food Safety Specialists
· Reviews all regulatory inspection reports and is the primary contact person with the agency inspectors, to question, challenge and/or clarify information related to an inspection
· Bachelors Degree in Environmental Health/Biological Sciences or related field
· Minimum of 1-3 years of experience within the retail or food manufacturing industry
· Knowledge and understanding of local, state and federal regulations governing food safety (GMP's, USDA, SQF, etc)
· Experience and ability to develop & present training on Food Safety
· Previous experience working with Food Safety issues in public health, retail, distribution or manufacturing environment
· Ability to work independently with a knowledge of the inner scope of the regulatory community.
· Must possess strong verbal, written, analytic and interpersonal skills
· Must be comfortable and proficient in statistical analysis and working with data base programs
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org